With the recent increase in lung and heart health awareness, Interactive Exhibits investigated what it would take to create a best in class lung and heart exhibit. We wanted to design an exhibit that would incorporate the best parts of two of the bodies most vital organs. Undertaking a project to create two exhibits in one structure is no simple task.
First we started with the anatomy. What features of the lungs and heart are important to educate the public on? What diseases of the lungs and heart are most the most common. After painstaking research with medical experts, we came up with a winning combination for visitors to experience.
The AmeriLungs + Heart exhibit offers the following features
- Walk through the lungs and heart and touch all parts of the organs
- All chambers of the heart and all the valves of the heart
- Inside the lungs where oxygen and carbon-dioxide exchange
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Lymph Nodes
- Lung cancer and screening information
- Coronavirus COVID-19
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Smoking and vaping with their effect on the lungs
- Heart disease
- Mitral valve defect
- Customizable labels where you can add your content to the exhibit
- Wheelchair accessible